The Diocese of Covington utilizes the VIRTUS® programs to assist the Church in being a safe haven for children and a messenger for preventing child sexual abuse within the Church and society in general. We seek to achieve this lofty goal through our child sexual abuse prevention program: Protecting God’s Children™. The Diocese regulations that govern all volunteers who work with children and vulnerable adults on Diocesan property or who volunteer in the name of the Diocese fulfill specific requirements.
If you want to volunteer in any parish or school activity with children…examples- coach or assistcoach, teach CCD or CLOW, scout leader, class chaperon, help in the classroom, cafeteria, recess or student club or activity, participate in a service project, or any PTG program which goes into the school, etc. you must first be a “Virtus Volunteer”.
Become a “Virtus Volunteer” by completing the following requirements:
- Complete the TWO required forms:
- Volunteer Application form from which a KY background check is obtained
- Acceptance form of the 2007 Edition of the Diocese’s Policies and Procedures
- Both forms can be obtained at the parish or school office.
Read these policies on www.covingtondiocese.org, click on 2007 Diocese Policies.
Complete both forms and return to the parish or school office.
- Register on line at www.virtus.org, select and attend a one time live Virtus training session. Please only register once and make notation of your username and password.
- After step one and two are completed: compliance is maintained by readingmonthly bulletins and annual modules on www.virtus.org. You will receive monthly email reminders. Contact Coordinator to obtain forgotten username/password.
*Required Forms are included or can be obtained from the school or parish offices, in the info rack in the back of church or on www.stpiusx.com.
Forms and live Virtus training are done one time only, not annually. You only need to keep up to date in your Virtus account to continue volunteering all your years at any diocese school/parish.
Questions regarding Virtus requirements please contact: