The Panther Pumpkin Run has come and gone - what a great event for our school! It was a big success and the kids had a great time. We raised over 43,000 for playground upgrades. Thank you for your support!
The St. Pius X community experienced the “Sound of Korea Pansori”, a Korean vocal tradition, on Monday, October 9th. Cho Joo-Seon, mother of fourth grade student Sung Park and internationally known artist, performed this unique synthesis of song and speech accompanied by a string quartet.
On Friday, October 6th, St. Pius X held a living rosary. Students represented the beads of the rosary and illuminated a flashlight as each Hail Mary was said. It was beautiful to see the entire school come together to honor Our Mother Mary.
The St. Pius X School Community kicked off the new school year with a Prayer Service to introduce this year's school theme. Our theme for this year, Designed by God to be WONDERful, is based on Saint John Paul II's Theology of the Body program.
The St. Pius X faculty and staff were excited to welcome the students back on the first day of school! We are proud to be the largest school in the Diocese of Covington with an enrollment of 665 students. Go Panthers!
We are very proud to announce that nineteen St. Pius X 8th grade students have qualified to participate in the high school Algebra I programs at Notre Dame Academy and Covington Catholic High School. Students were chosen to participate based on their outstanding academic performance on the standardized test
All students will have a Summer Reading Assignment and Grades 6-8 will have a Summer Math Assignment. These assignments are due the first day of school in August. Details can be found below. Your student's assignment is listed under the grade they are going into, not the grade they just finished.
- First Grade: Reading Assignment
- Second Grade: Reading Assignment
- Third Grade: Reading Assignment
- Fourth Grade: Reading Assignment
- Fifth Grade: Reading Assignment
- Sixth Grade: Reading Assignment, Math Assignment
- Seventh Grade: Reading Assignment, Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes Summer Review Questions, Response to Literature Scoring Rubric, Math Assignment
- Eighth Grade: Reading Assignment, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain Study Guide Questions for Guided Reading, Response to Literature Scoring Rubric, Math Assignment - Simple Solutions through Lesson 130