The St. Pius X School Community kicked off the new school year with a Prayer Service to introduce this year's school theme. Our theme for this year, Designed by God to be WONDERful, is based on Saint John Paul II's Theology of the Body program.
The St. Pius X faculty and staff were excited to welcome the students back on the first day of school! We are proud to be the largest school in the Diocese of Covington with an enrollment of 665 students. Go Panthers!
We are very proud to announce that nineteen St. Pius X 8th grade students have qualified to participate in the high school Algebra I programs at Notre Dame Academy and Covington Catholic High School. Students were chosen to participate based on their outstanding academic performance on the standardized test
All students will have a Summer Reading Assignment and Grades 6-8 will have a Summer Math Assignment. These assignments are due the first day of school in August. Details can be found below. Your student's assignment is listed under the grade they are going into, not the grade they just finished.
- First Grade: Reading Assignment
- Second Grade: Reading Assignment
- Third Grade: Reading Assignment
- Fourth Grade: Reading Assignment
- Fifth Grade: Reading Assignment
- Sixth Grade: Reading Assignment, Math Assignment
- Seventh Grade: Reading Assignment, Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes Summer Review Questions, Response to Literature Scoring Rubric, Math Assignment
- Eighth Grade: Reading Assignment, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain Study Guide Questions for Guided Reading, Response to Literature Scoring Rubric, Math Assignment - Simple Solutions through Lesson 130
The schedule for the 8th graders is detailed below. Their final day of school will be Thursday, May 25 with an 11:00 am dismissal.
- 10:45-12:00- Reading
- 12:45-1:45-practice in church
- 9:15-10:45-SS, 11:15-12:15
- 12:45-1:45- practice
- 5/18-last CCH math class
- 5/19-arrive 8:30
- 5/22- arrive 8:15
- 5/23- arrive 10:30
The SPX Drama Club had a successful weekend performing Shrek Jr! Thank you to everyone that came out to support us and see our production. We would like to send a special congratulations to our 8th graders!!